Monday, February 21, 2011

Still Standing Strong

After that 5-week absence last year, this one to 1.5 weeks Europe sales trip that begins today is nothing. No tears, no fears. Mere looking forward to you coming home next week. Easy peasy.

Then, the trip you made was necessary in many ways. One, it was obvious you had to bring in the dough. Two, there were still many unsettled things in the office that required your personal attention. Three, even though it was dreaded by the boys and I, even your parents, this trip you made was absolutely necessary for me to get out of my comfort zone and extend my feelers further and wider.

The whole time you were away saw me taking careful measured steps, one at a time. The occasional hiccups did not pull me back from losing the confidence I had gained through my cautious, exploratory steps of living my new life here. As a result, I grew stronger, more independent and more courageous. The knowledge of knowing I can survive here with the boys is encouraging, thus giving me that quiet reassurance that we will be fine in this time that you are not here.

So, my love... travel safely. Good luck to all your meetings. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment