Look at me! A smiling round face, a testimony to being happy! Too much feasting and too little exercising. OK, ok... I have already re-started my exercises. Read on to see why I am so round at the moment.
I have good grounds for my disappearing acts.
First, I was feeling down and it wasn't homesickness. At least not completely. Regardless, since this is no longer applicable, and I am at the moment too happy to discuss those sad, dark days, I am not going to elaborate on this dreadful topic.
Then I had my lazy moments. You know, the times when you actually have the time to blog but decide instead to watch all 3,000 channels on TV, chat with friends online, going out in the day, read other people's blogs... you get the gist.
Being perpetually busy with the daily house chores and cooking also go without saying. This is my official job and I am still at it after 10 years. Eh... not quite correct and I am sure someone will contest the statistic. Let's see... I started cooking in December 2004 and I have been officially promoted to a professional full-time housekeeper since December 21, 2009. After the forced promotion, some days can be exhausting. Some days I really did nothing. Don't think I will lose this job soon, or will ever lose it. I don't love this job, but I also can't say I hate it. But if I really lost this job, I think I will feel extremely depressed. So maybe I do love it after all.
The worst part of this MIA is I suffered from a broken back - it was so bad Christophe had to carry me to the doctor. At the clinic, they said we should have called for the ambulance. Yes, it was that serious. I couldn't everything. Couldn't sit. Couldn't stand. Couldn't walk without ALOT of support from Christophe. I was in so much pain that I lost my appetite. For a food-lover, this proves I am not lying about the pain. Of course, to complicate matters, I couldn't take injections that contain painkillers as I am allergic to almost all but one. The jabs I received were pure muscle relaxant (cortisone) and it didn't take away the excruciating pain. To add more drama, I developed a cough and a mild cold at the same time and each time I sneezed or coughed, the sudden jerky movements would send sharp pains to my lower back and I would do anything to control the cough/sneeze... all but to no avail. In the end, I found out a way to do those without too much hurt -- I had Christophe to carry me while I coughed, the upper body weight that he lifted off my lower back was great relief.
To cut the long story short, I am well again... well, almost. I can now sit comfortably and stand up with just a little bit of discomfort. Very tolerable. Very satisfied as I was miserable for 3 (or 4?) weeks, the recovery was snail slow. Throughout this whole episode, there were 3 people that walked hand-in-hand with me. So much love, so moved. Sniff.
My darling Christophe. I think I might have died if not for him. I have forgotten how much he loves me, and all his love were displayed un-embarrassedly for me. From carrying me to making the meals for the boys to taking over some of my work. I think I am very lucky, and I think he shouldn't read this or his head will swell.
My mother. She called me every day to check my recovery process. There wasn't anything more she could have done. I know she was worried and felt helpless since she is so far away. I also know if we were there, she would have helped in all the ways she could.
My littlest sissy. She shared her experience with me, shedding me hope as I couldn't see the day I would be fit again. As I laid in bed, with 2 pillows popped under my legs, she told me about her similar back problems and how she got well, slowly. She emailed me all the back strengthening exercises I had to do in order to speed up my recovery. I know she was busy and tired from her internship and overtime work, yet she knew the pain enough to email me not once, not twice but thrice those helpful exercises. Sigh... her attention for me puts me to grave shame. I didn't even call to ask how she was when I learned that she suffered from a bad back. Not a single time. Yet, when she knew I broke my back, she made me happy again by talking on the phone with me. Sigh again... I am so blessed.
Meantime, the weather had been superb for the month of April, one that is typically rainy. Therefore, we had no choice but to barbecue. We had been grilling whenever it is sunny. And it had been sunny everyday for 2 good weeks. Oops.
Another very excusable part (of my disappearance) and the latest happening is I found some Singaporean friends in Munich!!! I will write a separate post on this, this is so exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment