Monday, May 9, 2011

A Month Without You Starts Today


Four weeks will fly by, and I will be in your arms again.

As I enter the house after seeing you off, it is weirdly quiet. Somewhat lonesome. Extraordinarily still. For a moment, it feels oddly empty. I feel empty. It seems you have subconsciously taken a part of me with you, leaving me temporarily aimless.

I have to call you to tell you how different it is without your presence, as I sit down to dial your number, I am shocked to see your handphone still lying on the table!

Luckily your dad makes you leave earlier so you are still able to make a U-turn to fetch it, and for me to say goodbye to you once again. Strangely, the second time I enter the house, that tinge of sadness I experience earlier has evaporated, as if you had given me back that part of me you took away without your awareness when I handed the phone to you.

Four weeks will fly by, and I will be in your arms again.

No comments:

Post a Comment