This is a doing the KC pose. I don't have a full-length mirror at home, so when I saw that gigantic mirror at my Singaporean friend S' house slightly over 1.5 weeks ago, I immediately grabbed the opportunity (and a baby) and took this picture. The baby is so cute, he is only 2 months old. No, I am not thinking about having another one.
I was in very high spirits that day because 6 Singaporean ladies were going to meet up. Most of us move to Germany because of our German husbands and that fact alone binds us together.
This is J and I. J, whose husband is English, has lived in Germany for 10 years. She lives very close to me and we get along very well. We skype almost every evening, exchanging our conversation with lots of type-written Hokkien and Singlish which leave us laughing non-stop.

This is PH (pictured left), the rightful mother of the baby. Next to her is J. Both are one year younger than me. PH's husband is German and she is here for 4 years.

These are the disgustingly young ones (9-10 years younger than I) W and Sh (pictured right). W is here temporarily due to her Singaporean husband's job assignment while Sh's here for 3 years with her German husband. She calls me
Jie :)

And the hostess is S, also married to a German, and has lived here for 14 years. Can you believe I am the first Singaporean she met in Munich? Unlike the rest of the Singaporeans, S and I didn't get to know each other in Facebook, but through a mutual friend. The best thing is, she also lives very close to me!
Haha! Ky caught me smiling at the screen when I was reading this post! :))
ReplyDeleteB