Wednesday, January 25, 2012
大吉大利
This is my only Chinese new year decoration in the house. It sits invitingly on the dining table, waiting to be eaten by the mandarin orange loving boys. The decor did not last very long. I have to replenish the oranges just so to be eaten again. The cycle will go on until they have exhausted everything in the house. The other option is to hide from them, which I do very often and it is also the only way to counteract their actions. Out of sight, out of mind. It really works.
I am glad I am making baby step improvements to upkeep this most important Chinese tradition of the year, it is surely not without odds. It can be done, it only takes tenfold more efforts to celebrate here. I will keep trying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment