Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Twenty-Nine


I heard a flattering piece of news from my son at the dinner table last night.  His homework supervisor and the team in-charge were apparently talking about them and the supervisor mentioned me in their conversation.  When asked, they were not able to tell me the topic of their discussion.  In the middle of their brief (I would presume) exchange, the supervisor turned to ask Enzian, seemingly trying to confirm if I was 29.  Before Enzian could say something, Ludwig jumped in and volunteered my real age.  Duh!  Why can't he just nod his head for a good cause for that matter?

One of my better-looking self-taken photos.  The westerners are just not as good when it comes to guessing the right ages of their Asian counterparts.  Their lighter skin tone and probably thinner skin are the biggest culprits for faster aging compared to ours, causing us to look younger than our actual age.

Regardless, I was quietly pleased with what I heard.  Well, actually I think it was more obvious than being pleased at heart.  I was beaming.  Hehehe...

I cannot remember anymore if I had written it here before, that Christophe and I had decided late last year to register the twins for homework supervision after school.  The decision was made mainly based on his more frequent and longer duration business travels for the next one year.  Due to that, the boys would not have consistent homework help from their father, a critical factor for consistent good academic performance.  The boys would come home for lunch everyday before they return to school to do their homework from 2.15-3.45pm, they are flexible to leave early when finished.  This is a small homework group catered to pupils whose parents' native language is not German.  The pupil-supervisor ratio is 3:1, based on what I have observed.  An extremely good ratio.  Should more pupils join, they will hire more volunteers for the group to maintain at that ratio.

This external help is a big relief, especially when Christophe is away.  I would not have known how to manage it should they have questions.  I am thankful for having this option offered by the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment