Sunday, January 22, 2012

Reunion Dinner 2012

Hainanese chicken rice and stir-fried broad beans.   Unlike my mother in Singapore, who has to cook a table full of 11 dishes for 13, it is impractical for me to be cooking too many dishes, even though I have them stored in the fridge.  The time will come for me when I will be cooking for my sons and their families.
独在异乡为异客,每逢佳节倍思亲。

It is the eve of the Lunar New Year, our reunion dinner prepared to welcome the Water Dragon 2012.   I did not celebrate Chinese New Year last year, there wasn't any ambience, no public holidays, not even a small Chinatown. It is the same this year, and I bet every coming years. But I am determined to make it different this year, to upkeep my Chinese roots so that my children do not forget theirs.

I prepared dinner with a heavy heart.  Christophe is not here, the week had been stressful, the week ahead doesn't look as rosy.  孤身作战。I am feeling lonely.  I miss home.

新年新禧,万事如意。

No comments:

Post a Comment