Monday, March 19, 2012

Another Day, Another Beginning

It's amazing how a night's sleep can help diffuse the negativity I had been feeling yesterday.  I awoke with no more hatred, albeit a tiny bit of grudge.  I am, regardless, ultra sensitive to the squabbles and noises they make in the morning.  But this is my battle with them everyday.  Maybe I should consider adopting "if I can't beat them, join them" mentality, that might make everyone's life easier and more relaxed.  However, I can't do that most of the time, since I have to keep reminding them to keep their voices low so as not to disturb their father's sleep, who usually works into the wee hours of the night.

People keep telling me... boys will be boys; they are still young; lads are playful; or don't give them food until their rooms are clean.  It is easier said than done.  Little do they know that the boys would just stuff or hide their things anywhere, as long as it is not visible, and consider their job done.  Sigh... now this reminds me of the pain tugging at my heart.  The minute I write this, I feel my heart sink a little.  So I am not going to go into the details because it hurts to write.  I can only say that it isn't something new.

Of course, I try to get everything in the house in order, as much as I humanly can.  But I do not want to waste my life away, especially after reading the tongue-in-cheek quote, "A clean house is a sign of wasted life."  I am turning 40 this year, for all we know, I might not have so many more years to live.  So apart from doing my best in parenting the children, maintaining the house in a generally acceptable shape, I also want to live my life fully.  I want to focus on me, myself and I.  It is time I get self-centred.

And the reminder rings in my ear, boys will always be boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment