Thursday, May 31, 2012

Running Sushi


They call it running sushi here, the first time I heard it, it sounded funny.  Now, I can't even remember how they call it in Singapore.  This is a typical but very popular all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant, most of them run by mainland Chinese.

I took Enzian and Johann to Marienplatz today to pass time because I didn't want to be caged up at home.  What had to be done was done yesterday.  Riding on the sunny weather, we walked quite a bit, ate an ice cream, did some window-shopping and ended up here.

I don't know what was wrong with me today.  My soul was clearly absent.  Enzian attempted to share many things he learnt from his school excursions but I wasn't capable of listening.  I merely nodded without processing what he said.  I felt like I was trying to escape from my own body, my life.

Where have I gone to?  Where's the fire?  I feel aimless.  Could it be because I am suffering from the side-effects of new tooth fillings?  It has been hurting me on and off since I got them late last year.  Recently, the condition has worsened.  It has become a constant.  The pain also caused pain to my (left) ear.  I can't drink hot drinks, I can't enjoy cold food.  If I did, I didn't enjoy them because I had to channel the food straight to my throat, avoiding both left and right molars where my new fillings were done.  This has affected my mood drastically.  I am edgy and impatient.  Could this also be one of the reasons why I am having spells of headaches so frequently of late?

This can't go on.  I am miserable.  I have made an appointment with the dentist.  If she still can't fix my problem, I will have to seek second opinion.  Yes, I went back to her a week after she did my fillings, she didn't do much, only applied some coating on those fillings but they wore off in 2 days.  I can't be returning to her every other day for the coating.  She said this happens to some people and it can take up to a year for the pain to go away... I am close to half a year (maybe even more) and it has worsened, I don't see things taking a turn without any intervention.  I have also done some research online and it does seem to be a common side-effect for new tooth fillings.  Why didn't I read them up before that?

I don't want to be trapped in this condition for the rest of my life.  H.E.L.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment