| Mee siam goreng or fried mee siam is a Malay dish more commonly found in Malaysia. |
Due to the stingy amount in the bee hoon paste, Babe, my "mother" here, advised that I fry my bee hoon with the bee hoon paste and sambal chilli together, as opposed to the instructions to fry the bee hoon with just the bee hoon paste and then add the sambal chilli when ready to serve.
The mee siam goreng is a result of using 2 packs of sambal chilli and 1 pack of bee hoon paste. I managed to fry 400g of bee hoon with that. Next time, I will add another 200g of bee hoon because there was enough mixture to stretch. I got my second pack of sambal chilli from the Laksa kit. That pack was left unopened because the Laksa paste was already so spicy for me! What a perfect combination.
| The Singaporeans prefer mee siam served in spicy soup. It was a part of my primary school day meal. |
It is a good buy, I will repeat my order when the stock is low.
No comments:
Post a Comment