(I carry it in my heart)
I am never without it
(anywhere I go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)
I fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet)
I want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
I carry your heart
(I carry it in my heart)
~ ~ ~
I had goose bumps all over me when I heard Cameron Diaz read this poem by e. e. cummings to her elder sister on her wedding day in the movie, In Her Shoes.
There must be a reason why I stumbled onto this channel a few nights ago. And why I decided to let the film run without switching to another channel after that. She read this towards the end of the movie, it felt like that poem was read out just for me. It absolutely matches how I feel towards Bart. Yes, Bart. Not Enzian, not Ludwig, not Johann. Not Christophe, though the poem is used a lot in weddings for the newly weds.
I am very sure there is a poem that describes my love for each of the man in my life. And each poem is different. Just like each of them is unique. When the time is right, the rightful poem will surface and find its matching boy, matching my love to the words of the poem.
It is a wonderful feeling to look forward to that. I know each poem will be as equally beautiful as "I carry your heart with me".
No comments:
Post a Comment