Monday, February 16, 2009

Kindergarten trial

Yesterday was Johann's first-day trial at a Montessori kindergarten. He played with toys, found a froggie that soon became his pet toy, attempted beads threading, played in the playground, ate 2 servings of chicken marcoroni and sang Malay songs.

Johann posing for a picture from the playhouse window before sliding down.

Outdoor was his most enjoyable part of the trial, he did not display fears towards the children and teachers that he met for the first time.

I have not seen him so focused on a task, in fact, I hadn't expect him to be keen in threading. It was a nice surprise. Lying on the table is his Froggie.

His attention span was stretched to the maximum after 2.5 hours, an hour shorter than a full session. It was a successful trial, from "I don't want to go," in the beginning to "I want to go again" at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment