Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Driving Fairy Tale II

The gentleman decided to stay put in the island after their marriage. Why not? Summer is all-year round and money-making opportunities are in abundance, thought the newly-married man. Besides, life wouldn’t change too much for me, other than living separately from my parents, I can always rely on the public transport to visit them, thought the new bride.

Soon, they welcomed their first little bundle of joy. Visiting the grandparents became even more important, the young family still depended on the excellent public transportation. I think owning a car now would be convenient when travelling with a baby, the new father began brewing ideas about taking up a driver’s license, especially so when there are so many things to bring along. Luckily it is so convenient and affordable to see my parents even without having to own a car, the new mother sighed a sigh of relief.

“Love, would you like us to learn driving?” asked the husband one day. “Hmm? Why? Do we need to? It’s so easy to go places without having to own a car, no, I don’t think I want to learn driving, darling.” The wife wondered why her husband wanted a car for the family. “It will be good for us, darling. A car can take us around even more conveniently. Come on, let’s go to the driving school together!” the husband urged encouragingly. “No, I don’t want. If you want to, please go ahead without me. I will be your passenger!” grinned his wife, who is trying to wriggle out of this topic.

(to be continued)

Click here for the first part of the fairy tale.

The Driving Fairy Tale IV

1 comment: