Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Why this Blog is Named "You Hold Me Hand".

When Johann was little, when his speech development and gross motor skills were still in the formative phases, he used to always say, “you hold me hand” instead of “you hold my hand” when we walked up and down the stairs.

I found it very endearing and I didn’t want to forget what he said, so when my sissy asked me what I wanted as the name of my blog as she helped me set up, “you hold me hand” quickly came to mind.

In fact, I am loving my blog name more and more. Since this blog is mostly about my children, “You hold me hand” also suggests guidance, the pivotal role I play in my children’s lives, that they seek guidance from me as their parent.

Secondarily but subtly, it also archives my journey with Christophe, our ups and downs, highs and lows of our marriage, love and commitment towards each other. It signifies our togetherness, to walk hand-in-hand, for many more years to come.

There you have it, You Hold Me Hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment