 |
| I took the opportunity of today's great weather and the presence of only two sons, brought them out to the park for a jog. Bart is with Opa while Ludwig with Meme. |
These two boys took me by surprise. Hugely, completely and positively. It's the school holidays now and I am stuck with them at home, after a series of Christmas celebrations that involved lots of food. The weather has been kind. Kind (in winter), to me, means 10-13 degrees Celsius, sunny and no snow. Yep, snow came and left, before Christmas. I had secretly hoped for that, because as much as how white and beautiful snow can appear, it is bitter cold. Much less the extra work I had to do, to clear the snow in the mornings.
I was very happy to wake up to a sunny, clear blue sky this morning. My first thought was, I had to go for a jog in the park. I had recently extended my 20-30mins jogging time to an hour and felt even more rejuvenated than the short jog. Of course, short jog is better than no jog at all.
I thought I should bring Johann and Enzian with me today, I had never jogged with them, I did not know where to place the expectation bar. I set it very low, like we would jog for 10mins and walk for 20mins and then we would be done.
 |
| Johann jogging alongside. He turned quite a number of heads today because he (and Enzian) were the only small joggers around. Their jogging spirits had brought on smiles on the passerby's faces, and warmth to my heart. It's like telling me, "hey Pauline, you have done the right thing!" (Bad phone camera quality photo). |
After some stretching exercises in our garden, we were ready to set off. I reminded them the objective was not to be fast, not to outrun each other, but to keep to a consistent pace, and jog together. They did just that and I was waiting for them to ask me when they could stop for a little break but they didn't until a good 20mins! They had both amazed me with their stamina. I cannot say who impressed me more.
 |
| Enzian could jog an hour! He will be my jogging partner from now onwards. Photo taken by Johann, I think he took the best shot. |
I am so pleased with my discovery today. My tiny bit of hesitant in the beginning was totally uncalled for. They were so delighted we did something we had never done before together, and that they could keep up with it. They wanted more. And more shall be, as long as it doesn't snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment