Thursday, March 1, 2012

Who Scared Who to Death?

Every morning, I would open all the windows and doors for 15 minutes to allow for ventilation in the house.  Can't leave them open all day, it is not summer yet.  Yesterday was no exception.  It was a mundane routine, necessary but ordinary.

As I opened the last door in the bedroom next to ours, I turned to talk to Christophe who was carrying a few things and on his way down to his home office.  At the same moment, I saw, from the corners of my eyes, a grey object, moving, coming out of that room.  I froze for a nanosecond, then forced myself to turn my head to get a good view of that grey moving object.  The moment my brain gave a name to that object, I let out a rather... eh... audible sound (read: scream).  

I picked up my feet and chased after it.  It was out of the room, out of the house, over the fence, back to the neighbour in no more than 2 seconds.

Christophe, who was just about to close the door to go downstairs, heard my cry.  Everything happened in a flash, I was back to where I was talking to him and I saw him dropping all the things he was previously carrying, less the hot drink which was still in his hand, about to come to save his beauty from the mysterious beast. Ha ha ha.

He: What was it?
Me: It was the neighbour's cat.  Strolling in so leisurely!
He: You gave me a shock! I nearly spilled the drink!
Me: I also had a shock, stupid cat! (pause) I think the cat got a shock from me too. (evil laugh)
He: ....

No comments:

Post a Comment