(Progressive updates made to Accident Follow-Up Post).
Me: I am a slave to this family! People in this house just leave plates in the sink, in the kitchen, waiting for something to happen. And next time, I will also just pull up the shutters when I want to take a shower and leave the bathroom dark (when the shutters are down).
Enzian: Mommy, you are not a slave!
Christophe shakes his head without a word. This morning, I knew he used the bathroom. A while later, I went to the bathroom which was still dark, because the shutters were still down. The sun had risen, but he didn't pull up the shutters. Pulling up the shutters seem to be my job, it doesn't matter if he or I used it first, he would never pull it up. So I asked him this morning, "when do you pull up the shutters?" "when I take my shower." "OK, so I will also just pull up the shutters when I take my shower, other times (when using the toilet), I will leave the bathroom (pitch) dark." "Do you want me to pull up the shutters?" Is it not obvious that the shutters be pulled up when there is daylight? I could only shake my head and fume inside.
Me: Enzian, come to me after you have brushed your teeth.
A few minutes later...
Christophe, upon seeing Enzian: You are supposed to go to bed, why are you still standing here?
Enzian, exasperated: Mommy asked me to come to her after I have brushed my teeth!
Christophe: Ok, ok, ok.
Me: Ah yes, can you bring up Johann's protection guards upstairs please?
Enzian: See! I am Johann's slave!
Christophe and I looked at each other and couldn't keep a straight face.
Me: Enzian, it is ok to be Johann's slave. Just make sure you don't be a slave to your wife in the future. It is OK that your mommy is your father's slave, but you must never be your wife's slave.
Christophe couldn't hide the pleasure from his face.
Enzian: Mommy, you are not daddy's slave!
Me: Enzian, just don't let your wife make you her slave.
Enzian (to his daddy): Daddy, stay strong!
Me, caught totally off-guard: Enzian, we are going to have a big talk tomorrow.
and he disappeared upstairs in a flash.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment