Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Cleaning

The boys' wardrobe has gone through a massive detox on the weekend and the waste that was generated was equivalent to 6 garbage bags.  The result is FANTASTIC!  Space has been freed in their shelves, cupboards and drawers, allowing easier access as well as searching for that particular tee.

Johann has graduated from many of his smaller sized clothes and has now moved on to inherit many of Enzian and Ludwig's clothes which they have outgrown.  Ludwig, who is 6 kgs lighter than Enzian, now has his own piles of clothes instead of the common stack they previously shared.  Many clothes that Enzian can't fit anymore are now Ludwig's and many more that are now too small for Bart finds Enzian as their new proud and happy owner.

We received many clothes (used and new) from their grandparents, friends/relatives of their grandaunt and some even from my friends.  Their act of generosity has helped us cut down on huge expenses on clothing for the 4 boys.  Huge because of the four seasons, we need clothes for each and everyone of them for different seasons of the year.  And the other obvious reason is because we have 4 children, so anything we buy, we would need to multiply by 4.  Fortunately, I do not belong to the group of people who proclaim they don't want used clothes.  For me, it makes my day.  Shopping trips saved, money saved, time saved.  Too many pros over cons.  The used clothes are always in very good condition and most of them can pass as new. 

4 out of 6 bags of clothes went into the "Used Clothes Bins" that can be found all over Munich (not sure about other parts of Germany), these clothes would be donated to charities.  I had planned to donate the remaining 2 to Johann's kindergarten, but it seems they have enough spare clothes for the children.  So I will keep them aside for clothes collection day, another service that is provided where organisations come to collect used clothes at the doorstep.

I have started clearing my wardrobe too and I already have a laundry basket that is spilling over.  I am not even 50% through!  Many of the clothes are too small for me (I know, it's bleh) and I have contacted a friend who is happy to take them for herself and her very slim teenage daughters (yeah, more blehs for me but good for them!).

Next stop: Christophe's.  Then shoes.  Or Vice verse.  

Boy, the result of spring cleaning is awesome!  It is like a new life has been injected into me!

No comments:

Post a Comment