Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I will drown this post with lots of pictures.

Yesterday, the boys rehearsed what they were going to make for breakfast on Mother's Day.  
This morning, they were very busy preparing breakfast for the family.
Practice makes perfect. The egg yolks are still intact, they even add emmental cheese to it. This time, no egg shells!  I have hot cappuccino and cherry yoghurt to eat along. 
Enzian sprinkled some chives on it after I started digging in.  It tastes really good.
Christophe forbade me to enter the kitchen after breakfast, knowing I would get a heart attack if I did.  I didn't.  I have slowly arrived at the stage of letting go.

The kitchen is in a big mess.  I would have flipped if I did not mentally prepare myself not to.

Learning to let go is a good thing.  It allows the children to take up responsibility of cleaning up after their own mess.

It seems men don't clear as they cook.  Hence the big mess afterwards.  The best mother's day gift is not the breakfast.  It is when they do a good job cleaning up the kitchen.
Talking about mother's day present.  Johann presented me with his larger than life side-profile cut-out done in the kindergarten.  It is so sweet.  On his right hand, a handmade flower cut out from recycled egg cartons which he painted in two different shades of red.

Enzian bought me a pot of flowers even after I had repeatedly told them all I want for mother's day is a clean and tidy room, everyday throughout the year.  But I suppose spending a few euros for this pot of flowers is a much more convenient present than really fulfilling my simple wish.  I used to wonder why my own mother didn't want to appreciate carnations from me when I was little, now I SO know why.

This, and the photo below, are my most favourite presents today.  Not gifts, but their acts of responsibilities.  Money can't buy these.

Ludwig vacuuming all the crumbs that dropped along the way from the kitchen to the dining table when they served breakfast.
Thank you boys, for making each Mother's Day more special than the previous year.  You have made tremendous progress.  Last year, you needed daddy's help in the kitchen.  This year, you did it all by yourselves.  I am already looking forward to next year's Mother's Day!  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment