He said good night to me, a sincere one tonight, with a hug. One that wasn't exchanged for the past few high-tension days.
"Why do you want to hug me again?" came my surprised question, though I welcomed the big boy's hug.
"We shouldn't carry on like that, right?" my god, his reply came so quickly, displaying so much maturity, putting my slightly spiteful reaction to shame.
"I thought you wouldn't want to give me hugs anymore."
"Why would I not?"
"Then come," opening my arms wide this time, "give me a proper hug!"
We both have made a leap in our individual growth and development overnight - he, as a growing teenager and I, as his mother. It hasn't even been a week, but I have since recognized how critical that outburst has had to happen, for us to newly arrive at the amicable and mutual understanding and respect stage tonight. Looking back, it was already building up for weeks, even months, each side attempting his/her best to tolerate the other, until no one could contain it no more and the only way out was to burst. Ehm, explode.
Though it hurt like crazy, I can now unashamedly say that I am glad it happened. It was also perfectly timed. Due to past experiences, I already was aware that, when it happened, there would be new things to learn, to discover. It subconsciously helped to ease my pain during those days a little.
It'll be a new and exciting journey, I am very curious to learn what new lessons are installed for me, for him. For now, I am contented with our shift in attitudes and modified behaviours towards each other. I am certainly more cautious with how I speak to him now, and I could see he is also showing his sincerity to listen and not simply ignore me. We are both making efforts, it is not one-sided. I love how things just happen for a reason! At this instance, my heart is filled with so much gratitude. Thank you god!
Sunday, January 11, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment