Friday, January 16, 2015

The 5:2 Fast Diet - Second Fast Day Experience

I started my fast diet on Monday, my fast days are loosely set on Mondays and Thursdays, and I could freely shift the fast days depending on my social schedule as long as I ensure I fast twice a week.

I fasted yesterday (Thursday), with success! It was a breeze, the light difficulties I experienced on my first fast day were not present yesterday. There were no hunger pangs, I didn't feel dizzy or weak, it was so normal that I could almost deceive myself it wasn't a fast day. I have to admit I ate quite a lot on my non-fast days especially after 3pm, I did not want to worry about what I ate though subconsciously I make healthier choices without exercising too much control over the food quantity.

It is so easy to fast it amazes me. The main motivation for me is that I know I will be able to eat whatever I want the next day, so a day of fasting doesn't seem like a dread - there is a visible end to this dread! I am only curious if I will be steadily making a gradual weight loss, which is the main purpose. Health benefits that come along with it, we shall see.

Breakfast was a soft-boiled egg (70 cal) and half a bowl of hot vegetable clear soup (15 cal). Lunch was a bowl of broccoli soup, dinner was 2 bowls of broccoli soup. I ate a total of 500g of broccoli, the total calories for 3 bowls is 260. Total calories consumed is 345. I had no cravings. I was not tempted by the food I cooked for the children. I did a taste test of the pasta sauce I cooked (one teaspoon).

The book, The Fast Diet Cookbook, that I ordered arrived yesterday.

My weight today is 62.5 kg. Yesterday was 63.5 kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment