I laid wide awake till 3am before I fell asleep. I'll never ever drink tea in the evening anymore.
I didn't creep into the kitchen looking for something to eat even though I was hungry. It was a hunger that I could bear, one that needn't any pacifying with food or a glass of warm mill to settle down.
So I really successfully completed my first fast day! Yay!
I lost 1.4 kg! I'm now at 62.5kg. I always weigh myself first thing in the morning after using the bathroom. This weight is going to fluctuate during the non-fast days, I'm sure, I'm curious to see how much though. Hmm actually "fluctuate" isn't the right word, "increase" should be more appropriate. We shall see.
I am so sleepy due to insufficient sleep, but I don't plan on skipping breakfast, yet I have no idea what I want to eat. Hmm... boring toast and a cup of hot chocolate? Instant noodles? I eventually decided I was not going to sabotage my invaluable fasting efforts yesterday by making a poor meal choice. So I went for a slice of wholemeal toast with fresh cheese spread, cucumber slices, a soft boil egg and a glass of hot chocolate.
Went back to sleep after doing laundry. It's such a beautiful sunny winter day at 25°C! Rare! It wasn't in my plan to return to bed, but I'm so sleepy even the cheery sunshine couldn't pry open my eyes.
My lunch is fried bee hoon and a baked teriyaki chicken thigh. I couldn't finish the thigh!
Had a cup of hot chocolate in the afternoon. Did not feel hungry.
My dinner didn't look too good. I ate too much. First I had had a bowl of cauliflower soup, my stomach was satisfied and called it a day, but my mind was playing a fool. I am absolutely not used to eating so little and I don't want to do that on my non-fast day, at least not on my first non-fast day. So I went ahead and ate one plate of fried bee hoon and the leftover chicken thigh from lunch. I'm contented and I don't feel guilty about it.
Overall for today, I think my body is more ready than what my mind set out to do. I'll have to find that balance and try to listen more to my body. Energy level is good, my mood is good, I'll have another non-fast day tomorrow before my next fast day on Thursday. I am happy I don't dread it!
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment